DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

2880 G lens

magnolia70123

Got an F80/with 28-80 kit for a song. Currently i have the 28-85AF,35-70AFD2.8 and a 70-210. Iknow this lens is fairly inexpensive. What about the quality of its performance. At one time I also had the 35-80 with the N50 and was always amazed at the pictures that cheapy made. Is it the same case with this 28-80G lens. Would love to hear from fellow Nikon users.

Dear Manuel m. de la rua (Magnolia70123), I have a Nikon F75 with a AF28-80 lens, the lens is great as far as I am concerned but I don't have any other lens and so I cannot compare it. Thanks Anupam

I have the 28-80 'G' on my F80 and I have had very good results with it. I use the 28-105 'D' on my F100 which I think is slightly sharper and has slightly better contrast, but it is about 3 times as heavy and is a lot more expensive!
Just run a film through with it and If you are happy with it, stick with it.

Back