DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Has Anyone Used Contax N 70-300 Lense

vetteman444

I was wondering how good this lense is. Has anyone used it and if any photos can you email them or post them. Thank you, rollsman

Hi vetteman444,

please do not post your email address in the public internet. Spam bots will catch it within minutes ;)

The N70-300 is quite good, but heavy if you want to handhold it. In combinazion with the minimum aperture it is not easy on the long end to get great shots tack sharp handhold.

I exchanged mine beacuse of this against a N70-200. A lot lighter, better minimum aperture and IMHO also sharper.

But this does not help if you absolutely need 300mm ;)

Best wishes

70-300

Hi Kirk, thank you for letting me know about the email. I was going to go with the 70-200 instead. I really want a MF digital back and camera but cant seem to find one within my BUDGET. Thank you for your recommendation. vetteman

Hi Vettemen,

the cheapest MF-Digital back might be an older Kodak 16MP for the Contax 645 System. Our member "fotografz" (Marc) did use that one a long time ago.

But with these older backs, you never know ho long the last, what about repair and whether the IQ is good enpuogh compared to i.e. a 16MP 35mm DSLR (Sony fr example with Zeiss lenses).

As soon as you have your N70-200, upload some pictures made with it and share the fun with it with us.

Best wishes

Back