CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Sticky Rubber Help

chmodx

Hey gang,

I've got a 28-70mm 2.8 lens. It's pretty old, I actually just bought it brand new. I'm aware that most old Sigma lenses with the rubber coating eventually get tacky/sticky due to humidity.

Here in the DC area it is typically quite humid during the summer.

Anyone have a solution to prevent this stickiness?

Aside from cutting off the rubber......

Thanks in advance.

Bustoner

Hey gang,

I've got a 28-70mm 2.8 lens. It's pretty old, I actually just bought it brand new. I'm aware that most old Sigma lenses with the rubber coating eventually get tacky/sticky due to humidity.

Here in the DC area it is typically quite humid during the summer.

Anyone have a solution to prevent this stickiness?

Aside from cutting off the rubber......

Thanks in advance.

....thinking about, you can use an elstic strap of cloth/fabric (like photo) and cut what you need, sewing or using velcro.....

...wish will be a good idea :)

Attachments

• Elastic-Strap.jpg
    Elastic-Strap.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 59

tc95

I live in Houston...and have not had a problem...yet...but I have heard this too....my thoughts would turn to maybe re-coating if it is an expensive lens...if not...bustoner's idea sounds good...buy the way Sigma has extended there warrantee period on all non-EX lenses to a total of three years....

Tony C.