DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

The Zeiss 45mm/f2.8 pancake lens

Here is another photo of the same thing.
361377.jpg

Multiple Choice:

Night reflection of the cosmos?

Someone forgot to put on the cap when at the beach?

Bubbles in the glass or dust between elements highlighted by harsh spectral backlight ?

Well, I spent ages trying to convince the other e-bayer that these spots are glass bubbles. I agree that it does look like night reflections or contaminations from the beach.

This is a common look,once light is shined from the back most of my Zeiss lenses will look like this. The dots are very reflective and suggest these are bubbles.

I am so glad that at least there are people like Marc who come up with something that I agree. The fellow e-bayer was absolutely convinced that these dots are fungus. This idea in this mind is rock hard and unshakable.

Marc, can I quote your name to him ? At least you did not mention fungus and put bubbles in glass as your choices. In your opinion, could these dots be fungus ?

Marc, you are quite right that the harsh spectral backlight is a point of Xenon light source, just a kind of very white light.

On a full frame DSLR camera the corners are soft until you stop down to f8. This is the only Zeiss lens that on digital sensor has soft corners like other brand. Though for crop factor camera this is not as evident.

-Son

Back