DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax IIA Camera store new

daleh

I purchased a like new IIA in Nice, France a few years ago because it was cosmetically perfect. No scratches, abrasions, or dents. NO Zeiss bumps. It was a basket case inside. I turned it over to Henry Scherer and it now works as new. The body, as I stated above, is just as it was when it was sold by a camera store in the early fifties. It is a Stuttgart made model. The lens, a 50mm F2.0, is in fair shape with some discoloration in the front coating. I would like to sell it to a legitimate collector because I know my sons would not know what to do with it after i pass on. They would probably put it in a garage sale for twenty dollars. Can anyone suggest the best way to sell this so that I receive a price based on its very unusual condition and that gets it into the hands of someone who will preserve it for posterity? Thank you in advance for any reply to daleh@surewest.net.

Back