DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Problems with used Contax RTSIII

>Why not? If you don't know how many they have sold, then you can't really draw any conclusions<<

It's reasonable to believe Contax USA would have several hundred demos if you assume most dealers have at least one. But Contax has to have a relatively small dealer network.

I've seem 'at least' a half-dozen on ebay recently. (All of which were grabbed quickly with Buy It Now.) I'm a casual ebay watcher.

B&H is selling them directly as Used on their website and there have been frequent additions. I've seen ads from other dealers for these demos. I've had conversations with several people who've purchased these and know other people who've purchased these...and that's just the observation of one person. Surely there are more being sold then what I can see. If this has been going on for months, It seems that there are more than a few hundred of these cameras available.

The RX I purchased looked pristine. The mount had no markings whatsoever. The finish hadn't developed shiny areas that occur from handling. If mine was a demonstrator, it wasn't demonstrated very much.

It just seems to be more then demo cameras.

Dave

Back