DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

General Flash Questions for Contax G1/G2

Yes I will Michael. I will try it over Christmas when our daughter is coming home from Australia for the holiday and let you know how I get on.
John

> If this really is all that=B9s required, then it is an easy fix. I have bee= n > using a method whereby, to overcome the inherent tendency to over-expose = with > the TLA200, I am using manual metering, while at the same time dialling i= n =AD1 > f-stop compensation when using the flash. This works, but it=B9s a bit of a > pain. Your method sounds far better, and I get to use the automatic expos= ure. > I=B9ll try this over Christmas. What do you suggest if I want to use the TL= A200 > with the 28mm lens?

CORRECTING THE CHARACTERS FROM EMAIL
If this really is all that's required, then it is an easy fix. I have been using a method whereby, to overcome the inherent tendency to over-expose with the TLA200, I am using manual metering, while at the same time dialling in -1 f-stop exposure compensation when using the flash. This works, but it's a bit of a pain. Your method sounds far better, and I get to use the automatic exposure. I'll try this over Christmas. What do you suggest if I want to use the TL A200 with the 28mm lens?

> Hey Michael

Just wondering if you've tried this method using slide film - the reason I ask is that there may be a possibility that your photo lab is adjusting for overexposure in the printing process. Are the negs correctly exposed? By the way I'm using the TLA 280 (bounced mostly) with my G2 and the results so far have been perfect (print film tho').

regards Dave

Hi Dave,

I shoot mostly negatives in the G2. I suspect that you are having good luck because of the bounce flash. I can't bounce the tla-200. Remember, when you bounce you loose about a stop, which is probably really helping reduce your overexposures!

Michael.

I am looking for a flash bracket for the G2 and the Contax N1. I don't know if there is one that will work for both but I am interested in the Right Stuff brackets. Is there any recommendations from those of you that use brackets. Which ones should I look at.

Thanks,

Warren

Back