DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Wireless flash

Ok. Is there anyone who knows if the EF500 (without Super) will work as slave?
I supose that EF500/EF500 Super have the same functions as SB-600/SB-800 (SB-600/EF500 work as slave and SB-800/EF500 Super work as commander too). Could anyone confirm, please!

Hi copilus,
I did some search in our German sectionof this forum.
Users state the EF500 ST (without Super) will NOT work as a slave.
Only with an attached flash-trigger it can be used as slave,and only with manually settings.
Regards
Uwe

My personal preference is to not use external flashes as slaves, as it forces you to have your on-camera flash going. I currently just use PC cable, but eventually I will get a wireless trigger like the cactus or pocketwizard...but I understand those probably aren't available over there. (I don't even use a Sigma flash anyway, and I'm an M mode kind of person)

Klaus - by the way, according to the manual, the SD14 can accept up to 250v trigger voltage through the PC port. I personally wouldn't try it though, lol.

Back