DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Burning Incense

akv

Hi all,

SD14, 28-80, frankincense.

Attachments

• bw incense 5.JPG
    EXIF
    bw incense 5.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 14
Thanks Uwe!
Black and white images on the Foveon have such a filmy quality to them.
What I usually do is set the saturation to all the way to the left, or at least to 1.9. And set the color spectrum usually deep to the yellow or red, depending on what color is most prominent in the image. Not sure if there's a set standard way to go about creating B/W images in SPP but I usually eyeball it that way. Boosting contrast and darkening the shadows and highlights too.
And the Frankincense is from Yemen, it's really good smelling stuff. I prefer it to the liquid air freshners that come in the spray cans.

Akv,

Very nice effect...nice contrast and good choice of lighting....

Well done..

Tony C.

Great photo

I especially like the strictly vertical backdrop contrasting with layers and the subtle movement of the whisps of smoke. Thanks for sharing a great photo.

Jesse

Back