DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Marks on pictures

Larry,

I now use an Oly 5050, whose sensor element is sealed by the permanent zoom lens, so I don't have the dust problem. I agree, the exposed film frame carried away the dust as it was wound awat to the next frame. That will not be the case with the D70 I have on order. So, unless Nikon solves the problem -- which it probably can't -- we will need to clean the element manually. I don't look forward to it.

Bob

One other thought on dust, if you own a D100 and you shoot raw, there is a "Image Dust Off" feature in the Nikon 4 Capture software that works extremely well for dust that get's in there between cleanings. I know next to nothing about the D70, but I think you may be able to shoot raw (*.nef) files with it. Not only is the quality 50% better than jpeg fine, there is a nearly infinite amount of image processing possibilities. worth looking into.

b

Bob

That one one of several factors why I chose to go with a high-end prosumer camera - Nikon CP5000 - rather than an entry-level dSLR. I have spent a lifetime spotting prints and dealing with dust, and am glad to be using a camera that is sealed as well.

Other considerations were the magnification factor, for ex&le, that would turn my nice PC-Nikkor 28mm into the equivalent of a pretty useless 42mm shift-lens, optical rather than digital viewing, and remaining as much of a packhorse as when I was shooting film. It is a mobile and very discrete camera well suited to the way I am currently shooting.

A SLR is vital when shooting chromes for publication, since one must compose to the arbitrary 3:2 frame ratio. With digital or negatives, I can crop and compose to suit the subject matter, not the eye of the editor.

larry!
ICQ 76620504
http://www.larry-bolch.com/

Thanks for this website, My Nikon N65 result always underexpose, in P mode and Manual mode, I compare Exposure meter with my Pentax ZX-M (Center weighted Meter), Nikon Exposure meter showing 2 stop under then Pentax Meter. any suggestion ????

Back