DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Short eared owl time montage

BrandonBirder

A time montage of a short eared owl from rest to flight.
538465D9-26DF-4E55-A801-C251D9DA5175.jpeg
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/800 sec
  • Spot
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 125

Stunning shot.

Stunning shot.
Thanks Danny. These images were taken on the first day of that season of short eared owls I mentioned in the panel thread. This was the last year that I used a tripod and gimbal. For these images I was able to reverse my car to the edge of the field, lift the boot and sit on the boot ledge using the tripod and gimbal on a D800 and old 500 f4. Way too heavy!

Thanks Danny. These images were taken on the first day of that season of short eared owls I mentioned in the panel thread. This was the last year that I used a tripod and gimbal. For these images I was able to reverse my car to the edge of the field, lift the boot and sit on the boot ledge using the tripod and gimbal on a D800 and old 500 f4. Way too heavy!
Naaa, the 800 F/5.6 is heavy Brandon. Just love those shots no matter what was used.

Danny.

Back