DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Hello world

Hi all.
Glad to find several from the old forum.

This is to test, how images can be embedded.
2023-03-05_ludwig-forum-08.jpg
  • FUJIFILM - GFX100S
  • GF20-35mmF4 R WR
  • 20.9 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/15 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 200

Any idea, how to get access to the EXIF? This jpg has EXIF embedded, but I cannot get it shown.

This is to test, how images can be embedded.

Thi image is not embedded. You uploaded it on our server.

This jpg has EXIF embedded, but I cannot get it shown.

Exif data should be visible, if you install the Exify browser addon for Chrome and Firefox. See the FAQ section.

But I have this addon installed and do not see exif data. Are you sure they are in the image?

Thi image is not embedded. You uploaded it on our server.

Exif data should be visible, if you install the Exify browser addon for Chrome and Firefox. See the FAQ section.

But I have this addon installed and do not see exif data. Are you sure they are in the image?
Thank you dirk for the feedback.
I use Mac OS / Safari. Don't know, whether there is a plugin for EXIF viewing.

Yes, the jpg I used for uploading has EXIF.
Here it as an attachment. I think, in my previous post I "inserted thumbnail". Maybe, this looses the EXIF.
2023-03-05_ludwig-forum-08.jpg
  • FUJIFILM - GFX100S
  • GF20-35mmF4 R WR
  • 20.9 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/15 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 200

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you dirk for the feedback.
I use Mac OS / Safari. Don't know, whether there is a plugin for EXIF viewing.

Yes, the jpg I used for uploading has EXIF.
Here it as an attachment. I think, in my previous post I "inserted thumbnail". Maybe, this looses the EXIF.
I am not sure but it seems that as soon as an imge file is very big (i.e. over 2MB), that the Exif will not be displayed. We have to test this later.

My jpg has 1.6 MB.

I changed your image upload. Now you can see the Exif data.

It seems that you have to insert it as a full image.

After you attached the image, click on ->thumbnail/insert/full image

I am not sure but it seems that as soon as an imge file is very big (i.e. over 2MB), that the Exif will not be displayed. We have to test this later.
I am too tired atm. Forget that sentence. I meant that sometimes the image is not displayed inside of the thumbnail, if the filesize is too big.

Rand--that's an awesome shot.
Gotta get the first real MF photo in: HB 500 C/M 80mm Tri-X in Xtol. This is the so-called Superman building in Providence RI
superman.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S1R
  • 70mm F2.8 DG MACRO | Art 018
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/15 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100

Back