DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Two More Bodies Will Be Announced in 2023

I'm in the Z8 camp, and hoping. Is the Sony A67c like a mirrorless D500? That would get my interest.

I personally think it will be a compact FX body, like the Sony A7c.

That would be great. I used to have the Nikon Z6, but sold it because I am looking for something even smaller. This is atm the Nikon Zfc :)

One apparently will be the Z8, which of course will make a lot of people happy.

The other one? I personally think it will be a compact FX body, like the Sony A7c. And I'd happily own one of those.

Any other thoughts about the second body?
I am waiting for a Z50 III

I am waiting for a mirrorless crop sensor to replace the Nikon D500.

I wonder why they wait so long to release such a model. The D500 was a bestseller. It is a no brainer to offer this in Z mount.

Maybe this is because of parts they need for it and they prefer to use them in more expensive models until the delivery crisis is over.

I ran a Z7 a couple of years ago and ran it for landscape photography. IQ was great, but it had some annoying limitations that would have improved the life of a landscape photographer a lot:

- Zebras or over/under exposure indicators on live view.
- Live composite.
- Live time (a la Olympus).
- Better long exposure metering and control (max 30s before resorting to B is too limiting).
- Dual axis flip screen (for portrait shooting low down).
- Much better phone app.
- Better support for focus bracketing.

Rather than new cameras, I’d rather see these addressed. It might persuade me back to Nikon.

I wonder why they wait so long to release such a model. The D500 was a bestseller. It is a no brainer to offer this in Z mount.

Maybe this is because of parts they need for it and they prefer to use them in more expensive models until the delivery crisis is over.
As I recall it took Nikon forever to come out with the D500. People were eager for it, and there were hundreds of threads wondering when it might be announced. I think it has something to do with Nikon’s hesitancy about DX in general, but who knows.

I am afraid Nikon thinking now is:

- FX, where the good margins are and what we want as many people as possible to buy
- DX, entry level for those wanting to upgrade from smartphones and gateway drug to FX.

I hope to be proven wrong, but I think the chances of a mirrorless D500-like are very slim.

Back