DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

First One

I'm hoping that we will soon see many more DPR refugees here, as well as some Nikonians that frequented DPR.
We will. Just tell your friends at dpreview, how much you like it here.

We have already a steady growth with now over 700 dpreview members and this will continue even stronger, the more people get to know this place.

:spread-the-news:

I am a Nikon D500 user for birding and I am wondering if Nikon will ever bring out a Mirrorless cropped sensor equivalent. I also have a Nikon Z6ii for landscape.

Last edited:
I am a Nikon D500 user for birding and I am wondering if Nikon will ever bring out a Mirrorless cropped sensor equivalent. I also have a Nikon Z6ii for landscape.
:welcome-to-forum:
I am sure they will. I hope the crisis for producing camera gear is over in 2024

I've had my D500 for 5 years and I'm very happy with it. I bought a Z7ii for several reasons. The first is that I wanted a second body because I hate having to change lenses. The second was that I wanted a 'walking about' camera and the Z7ii was lighter and smaller than the D500. The third was that I wanted full frame. My plan is to continue to use both cameras and I will probably use the D500 more for wildlife and 'long shots'. My expectation is that I will get several more years use out of the D500.

Captain America is in the building!! Just landed here from DPReview.

Despite my forum name, I am no photography super hero, just an enthusiast with decent skills.
Own a D500 with a MD-B17 grip, a SB-700 flash, a bunch of FX and DX lenses and my oldie but goodie D90 as a second body.

Backlit Rain Tree Pods
_DSC3954.JPG

Back