DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Odd Contax Question

> If you already like the results you get from the CZ lenses on your N1 and G2, I would suggest getting a T3. The results I get from the T3 > are at least equal to the G1 with the Planar 2/35 and it has the added convenience of a built-in flash. It is also the same size as the > Rollei 35 series camera. I used to own a Rollei 35 and although the CZ lens was capable of fine results, most photos were blurred because > I was not able to accurately guess the focusing distance. Also there was no flash and the hotshoe was placed on the bottom of the camera > which rendered most photos taken with a flash having very strange shadows. Compared to all the other quality compact cameras, the T3 is > the most versatile offering most aspects of user control other than shutter speed priority.

>

I had a Yashica T4 for years and never noticed shutter delay. In fact = I used to keep it in its pouch on my belt and often used it in "quick = draw" mode , pulling it out, snapping a shot and returning it to the = pouch all very quickly with no focusing or other delay problems.

Hi,

All are thinking about cheaper camera for Jeff...

Personnaly I prefer to wait and see the future new CONTAX II TVS DIGITAL with I hope a 28-90 (35 mm ) equivalent ZEISS focal for a price < us 1000.

Sorry is just a DREAM!

mfo

Others have mentioned the both Yashica T4 and the Ricoh GR1s in this thread. I have both. My experience with each has been excellent. The lens quality in both is excellent, but the GR1s 28mm is really wonderful - very sharp and contrasty with absolutely no vignetting. I carry the GR1s in my briefcase, or in a belt case all the time, and I use the T4 when the weather is bad (it's weatherproof).

There's plenty of information about both cameras on the web.

Back