DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

RAW Developer revisited

Hank, I am not sure why would you need this for Kodak DCS ProBack 645. Photoshop CS handles its RAW files marvelously.

I bought this software. Image quality that it delivers is stunning. The only problem is color balance, but it seems that the software can be trained, I just have to figure out how.
I will bring some image s&les to Marc on Sunday for an impartial review
happy.gif

Hello everyone.

Well, today Irakly came by my studio with two huge and delightful surprises:

First, a huge amount of stunning images from his recent assignment to photograph a famous Russian circus clown troupe. Words cannot convey the achievement he has created. He's outdone himself this time.

Secondly, he shared a half dozen images shot with the ND using the RAW processor mentioned above. Let me make this clear... he is not exaggerating about it's ability to transform the ND into the superior imaging tool we all expected in the beginning. The photos look to be shot with my C645 and Kodak 4X4 back... maybe ( grimace ) better.
I took them up to huge sizes on my Mac 23" cinema display and the detail was astounding. No moire' pattern at any size. NONE. No streaks in the darks. Nothing!!!!

Hats off to Irakly for this find. My only lament is that the Mac version isn't ready yet.

REJOICE ALL YOU FELLOW ND OWNERS, THE HOLY GRAIL IN TERMS OF IMAGE QUALITY HAS BEEN FOUND.

Irakly
This software sounds like it's the solution we've been looking for. Can you say a bit more about workflow etc? Have you tried using profiling - I use Profile Prism with the Contax RAW developer, & I'm getting good results.
I notice from the web site that a target is available - do you need this, or are you developing the RAW image, and correcting in Photoshop.
Thanks in advance.

Irakly,

The ShapeRaw web-site does not list Contax is a supported camera. Can you confirm it works for the ND before I make the purchase?

Albert.

Albert,

Yes it definitely does. If you download the demo you will see that Contax ND is one of the options in the drop-down list when you open up a file.

DJ

I didn't know where to post this so sorry if it is a repeat!

Fellow N Digital / Photoshop CS Users-
I have exciting news for all N Digital / Photoshop CS users. About a month ago I posted a request to Adobe for Camera RAW support for the N Digital. Thomas Knoll, the lead programmer for Photoshop CS, responded to me and offered to help out. Thomas has written a beta version of the Camera RAW plugin that provides unofficial support for the N Digital. This week I sent Thomas my N Digital so that he could refine his programming. The beta testing of the new plugin is being done now. Adobe will not allow me to announce the release date of the new plugin. Please watch Adobe’s website for more details. I will of course let you know if I have any news on the progress of the new plugin. This should be a real time saver for N Digital / Photoshop CS users. Thanks Thomas Knoll! Greg "Al" Larson

If this comes about Greg, I nominate you for the "Contax Gold Award with Digital Clusters" for outstanding achievement!

Do keep us informed!!!

If you need any support, please do not hesitate to ask.

Back