DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax Cases

G

I know that this may be on the outer edge of what the "Accessories" forum was to be, but does anyone have the case for the Aria (c-6 I think)? Is it worth the $60, and is it real leather?

Thanks for any info,
Gavin.

Hi Gavin,

I bought the C-6 with my Aria about 9 months ago.
At first, having been used to leather eveready cases for all my other cameras,especially the leather Nikon F3 case, I was disappointed. The C-6 is not a 2 part eveready case. It is a holster case (one piece), with a zippered snout, zippered for shorter lenses, unzippered for long lenses, up to the 135mm 2.8 in length. It is made of rather thin vinyl too - very expensive for a single piece of vinyl. At first removing the camera and storing the camera feels rather akward. After getting used to it I can now put on the case and remove it with ease. All my lenses, 28mm 2.8, 35mm 2.8, 45mm 2.8, 50mm 1.7 and 85mm 2.8 can be used with the snout zippered in. Best of all, the internal folds of the zippered snout hold 2 spare batteries! And since my habit is to use use only one lens at a time, and hardly use a flash, the C-6 carries everything I need. Also because it is made of thin material, I can roll it up and stash it into my pocket if I am actively using the camera. Because the aria is such a light camera and has a polycarbonate exterior, the light material is all it need for protection. So although it is expensive and not even leather, I love it. It suits my style.

Kim Teo

Hi,

I don't like the modern Contax cases. Very akward to use.
So, when I bougt my Aria, I asked for a "new" case for MT167. Aria fits excellent in it. And that's the way I like it.
By the way, I didn't see any fault nor stif interruptor on my camera.
Have fun.

Zymler,

What "new" case for the MT167 did you get and where did you get it? I have a 167 and interested in getting an everyready type case for it.

Thanks,

JOB

Hello everybody. Does anyone know where I can get a case for a Yashica FR1?
John

Back