DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Stacked Mutars?

wilsonlaidlaw1

Does anyone know if you can or has tried stacking a Mutar I and Mutar II. I was thinking of trying this on my Tele-Tessar 300mm. The II would need to go nearest the lens due to its mechanical configuration. I don't think I could damage anything. This would give me a 1200mm lens on my Leica M240 - spectacular. I got both Mutars as the II works on the T-T 300 and the I works on my 28-85 Vario Sonnar. These are great performing lenses on the M240 with an Adriano Lolli Contax to Leica M adapter, which I have modified to bring up the R lens menu on the 240.
The Tele Tessar is distinctly better than either of my Leica Telyt 280/f4.8's (S2 and S3), with higher resolving power and contrast together with sharper unvignetted corners. The Vario Sonnar is as good as the Leica 28-90 Vario Elmarit R at a fraction of the price. I got a virtually unused V-S for €350. I would not get a decent Vario Elmarit-R for under €4000.
Wilson

Back