DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Sigma Photo Pro 4.0 now available for download

D~C

http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/1269625556.html

Sigma Photo Pro 4.0 now available
By Michael R. Tomkins, The Imaging Resource
(Friday, March 26, 2010 - 13:45 EDT)

Photographers shooting with the Sigma SD14 SLR or the DP1 and DP2 point-and-shoots can now obtain the latest version of the Sigma Photo Pro software which recently shipped in the bundle with the Japanese company's compact DP2s model.

Sigma Photo Pro 4.0 was announced alongside the launch of the Sigma SD15 SLR and DP1x / DP2s compacts, and includes several desirable new features. Most notably, processing performance should be significantly improved on modern multi-core computers, as Photo Pro 4.0 supports multi-core processing for the first time. There's also a new image processing algorithm, and an additional noise reduction function applicable when shooting Raw files at ISO 400 or greater.

Sigma Photo Pro v4.0 is available for download immediately in both Windows and Macintosh versions, from the software download pages for the SD14, DP1, and DP2 cameras. (It's also available on the DP2s' download page, but is actually included in the box with that camera.)

Sigma Photo Pro 4 requires either Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, or Mac OS X v10.4+ operating systems, along with a minimum of 512MB RAM, 1GB available hard disk space, and a 1,024 x 768 pixel, 16-bit or greater display. The software is a free download for Sigma customers.

================

[NOTE: I am using Sigma Photo Pro v4.0 on my 64-Bit Windows 7 computer; I have no problems to report.]

Hello,

I'm new to the Sigma SD14 world..

I'm trying to make a decision, do I install the SPP software, I received with the camera, OR - go straight into installing the newest SPP 4?

Why I ask, is I've been reading about there's been issues with SPP 4 (over the older versions)?

Also, I think I read somewhere if I have any older versions, SPP 4 will NOT install correctly / upgrade..?

Any advice would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Have a nice day/ evening, and weekend too!

God Bless,
Ed

Back