DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Preview and CGCM

Hi Dirk

....early days yet... too soon to post anywhere in public. There a few people looking at it to look for omissions/corrections etc.

If you want to help ...I'll post it privately to you. But see previous post to Vini for conditions. I'm sure you'll understand.

The Contax Postal Club (UK) will have it's own website in the near future and that is the intended "source" for the Contax and Yashica charts. Here, I will be able to control updates easily.

Some ISP's bounce 1MB mailings. Send me a suitable mail address and your confimation of agreement to conditions, if you would like to see the big'un.

Cheers, Bob.

Hi Bob,

That chart will be something to behold when finished. I am sure we would all like a look.

Paul (uk)

Hi Paul

Patience my lad, patience!

Everyone will be able to get it for free, when it's ready.

Here's the Yashica thumbnail .... mustn't leave Yas fans out! Boy! Is this one a real pig to do!

96503.jpg

Cheers, Bob.

>Posted by paul matthews on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 9:30 am: > >Hi Bob, > >That chart will be something to behold when finished. I am sure we >would all like a look. > >Paul (uk)

I was just wondering whether anyone was using the MIR Contax site. It has a lot of very well done information and history.

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/contax/index.htm

I know that at one time he was looking for someone to take over the Contax section. I didn't feel I had a broad enough background to do the site justice. Also, I think Leonard had some copyright concerns and threats from Contax regarding the wonderfully detailed information on that site.

DAW

Hi Don
yes - I've seen it - a nice site.

It's a shame if he has had copyright problems form Kyocera.....because I've had great co-operation from Kyocera Yashica UK's Contax Manager, Frazer Allen. He gave me permission and supplied with a CDROM of images.

The older cameras' images I had to scrounge around the world for....and had lots of fun using Babelfish to converse with many people in many languages, who gave 100% unreserved help(except, naturally, a no-profit condition)! I can only remember one person out of dozens and dozens I emailed who did not reply. Naturally, I've kept all permission emails to narrow down the chance of copyright problems!

Sometimes I needed to add a Babelfish translation in their own language before they replied.... and I regarded that as fair game, as I can't read Japanese, German, Italian, Swedish etc. , either!

People photographed their own cameras for me, supplied prints for me to scan and allowed me to copy their images from their websites. Their in-depth knowledge of individual and groups of cameras was an incredible help (I am still in discussion over dates and oddments with them). I am in great debt to them....the charts would not have been possible without them.

The Contax Yashica people are the friendliest camera people in the world....I make that official :) (let's see if the smiley face works!)

Cheers, Bob.

Back