DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Minolta X700 Multi function or Quartz Data Back 1

norcal29

Does anyone have a reommendation as to either of these items might be located? New or second hand is fine.

Web site, local dealer, etc.

Thanks
Ron

I have seen a Multi-Function back on eBay as recently as two weeks ago. I haven't seen a QD in a long time. Good luck.

Brett,

Thanks for the heads up. I have been looking about a week and a half on Ebay, so I guess I just missed it. I will keep a close eye on Ebay in hopes of another one turning up before too long.

Have used Google to search the web and found a lot of Minolta backs, but none were for the X 700.

Thanks again, I appreciate your taking the time to respond.

Ron

Glad to help (if I did). Bear in mind, however that it sold for around $150.00, so they're not cheap. Brett

Tim and all the others who offered suggestions, THANKS!

Tim thanks for the tip regarding KEH. They did have a multifunction back in Excellent+ condition. Although the price was more than I would like to have paid, I think it was fair for such a hard to find unit in this condition. Needless to say I bought it!

It's great that this form can work so well at helping others and sharing opinions.

Have a great day!
Ron

I agree with the webmaster. This is the easiest forum in which to communicate that I've ever seen. Sure, the first time I sent a reply and didn't read the instructions, I was curious to know why my post didn't appear. I then read the directions and mentally kicked myself in the butt for not reading them. What I didn't do was blame the system. That's what's wrong with this country today; nobody wants to take responsibility for their own actions. It's always "sombody else's fault." Thanks again for a great forum, Brett

Ron, I didn't think that the webmaster's comments were directed toward you, and I know mine weren't. They were directed at the numbskull who couldn't just repost his/her message the right way (as you & I did after realizing our mistake). No this person had to complain about the method in which they had to post a reply; a method which is easier than any other, when you follow the directions, and is used by a forum to which they don't have to pay to be a member or use the services. I was just agreeing with the webmaster that maybe they should quit whining. Now that I look back at the webmaster's posting, I do see that he/she addresses the comments to "Ron,". I agree that this was a mistake, and I'm sorry if you felt that I was joining in on the "Ron-bashing". I was not. My comments were, I thought, directed at Stuart Burgess (Molley), the poster in question. I should have paid closer attention to whom the webmaster had addressed his/her comments. I'm sorry. I'm also posting this email to the thread, so the apology will go out to all who read my first post. Respectfully, Brett Ferguson

Guys,

do not worry about all this posting stuff. This will happen also in the future and there is nothing bad about it. We just state this issues from time to time clear to bring it back into the memories of users who are not using forums on a daily basis and if they are subscribed in more than one, it makes things even more difficult to remember.

We have the description of using the reply system in the help file (FAQ).

Bear in mind, that you can reply via both ways, reply by e-mail (like in a mailing list) and directly in the forum (like in a billboard only) by writing the text after the last posting in the specific thread.

Okay, I have my Quartz Data Back, now how does it work? How do I download my pictures from my X-700 that are still inside it and put them onto the internet in my emails with it so you all can see? I don't see a "download' button on the Data Back - what gives?

It should be easier than using the shark's teeth email responder, eh? ;-)

Back