DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

ND Sensor Cleaning

kdemas

All,

Any tips on cleaning the ND sensor? I have some whopper dust spots that I just noticed when shooting a white area.

Thanks!

Kent

Kent,

Go to Luminous-landscape.com and you will find a great article on cleaning sensors properly.

Regards,
John

John,

Thanks, I'll do that. I have a pretty good idea as to how to clean but I was curious as to whether there were any tricks with the ND.

I will check out the article and thanks again!

Kent

>

It's a good article. So far I've been able to get away with a large bulb blower, although the dust brush is waiting on the side in case something stubborn comes along.

If you end up having to use the brush make sure you follow the directions closely.

DJ

Kent,
After double checking the article in question on the Luminous-landscaping.com site, I realized there are two articles and the one you should read is the one under equipment reviews for a product from a company named Visible Dust. It is the latter article on this subject and very helpful.
John

Thanks for the tips. I am going to read the article tonight. I got almost all of it off with a blower bulb... just one stubborn monster left
happy.gif

Kent

Back