CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

TLA 360 owners Ibve a question

G

Hello !

Does anybody know what is the guide number (I hope this is the correct english expression for the term "Leitzahl") of the TLA 360 in zoom reflector position "85 mm" ?
I know it is 36 in "35 mm" but I want to estimate the power of the flash in combination with a tele-lens. I would like to compare the TLA 360 with some Metz flashes.
Or, in other words: What's the maximum range for the flash, lets say at f-stop 4.0, ASA 100, position "85 mm" ?

Thank you in advance !

Uli

G

> Ulrich asked:

Does anybody know what is the guide number the TLA 360 in zoom reflector position "85 mm" ? Or, in other words: What's the maximum range for the flash, lets say at f-stop 4.0, ASA 100, position "85 mm" ?

The guide number is 50 at "85mm" Range at yours settings is 1.6-12 m according to manual

Jerzy

G

> [Herr Doktor: Although I cannot help you with the photometrics (light > measurements) of the TLA 360, I would like to state that "guide > number" is exactly the right phrase in English to describe the > information for which you are looking.]