DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax ND

Are you sure spot metering wasn't on? the center area si between the uprights and just under the arch--it looks suspiciously like 18% reflectance to me...

I'm with Chris - it's right smack in the center and would make a nice mid-grey.

DJ

Do any of you ND users have a solution to charging batteries when on the move.

We are going to California next month & have rented a VW C&er to go to places like Yosemite. On the grounds that I might be taking the odd picture or two, I would appreciate any advice on a battery charging solution which can run through the 12volt cigarette lighter socket in the van.

Have any of you been to Yosemite – what are your experiences?

Have fun,

Andy

> Andy, I hope you have a reservation at a c&site in Yosemite, otherwise you are going to find it impossibly crowded. MAHA,(Powerex batteries) offers a kit including a cigarette lighter plug in charger, plus 8 of their new 2100mAh batteries. I have not tried the charger yet, but the batteries are very good. Wally

> Can't help on the battery front but we went to Yosemite in June a couple of years ago - I was using my husband's old Praktika back then, it was before I could buy my 645! but I still got some great pics. The scenery is breathtaking! Don't forget a bear bag! Or something to hoist onto a tree if you are going out of the usual way. Well probably you know all that but just in case. We did not personally see any bears but were told they could be quite bold...... I hope you resolve the battery question because the photo opportunites are immense.....My daughter was just taking her first steps when we went and was quite a handful but I still have an album full....enjoy your trip! Any other q's I can help with pls ask

Ali

Dana,

Sorry for the delay. TIFF uses too much space for the purpose of storing Bayer sensor data, but is otherwise good. JPEG is lossy, and has trouble in the shadow detail.

For you or anyone interested in stacking, RAW files and dynamic range, please visit my brand-new pictorial:

http://patternassociates.com/rico/d30/stacking/

Accept my apologies that it uses the Canon D30 instead of the ND, but the processing concepts are the same.

looks like the ND is not that bad, i just spent two weeks with a kodak = 14n before returning it to the dealer!! the 14n is a good prototype and if = kodak works hard, it may be a production model some day.=20

It COST TOO MUCH.

That is the a number one reason the thing didn't sell. Also, the blurp at robgalbraith doesn't say "Giving Up". If I were Contax and my product had irrecoverable issues and cost too much to produce I'd drop it also.

"CONTAX IS GIVING UP. seen at robgalbraith.com

I just do not know how to respond to this news. It is really upsetting."

Dana

Back