DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

SD14 ...focusing screen..??

I have seen those before...Have not tried one...if anyone has let us know...I just use the two eye method....you keep both eyes open...it helps you focus cleaner on the subject at hand....

Tony C.

I have seen those before...Have not tried one...if anyone has let us know...I just use the two eye method....you keep both eyes open...it helps you focus cleaner on the subject at hand....

Tony C.

Tony, please, what do you mean for two eyed method?

You just keep both eyes open...your tendency is to shut one while you look thru the eye-piece on the camera...if you keep both open while you take the shot you will have a more spot on shot....it takes a little getting used to...Good Luck...

Tony C.

Thank you Tony,
I'm replying here from the other post
(http://sigmauserforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435)

...because it's about the focusing screen

I need some shoots of the internal area, around the mirror, over it near the prism (without the focusing screen) and a shoot of the focusing screen too (if you have measurement of it)

Maybe I can just ask measurement, but even to see with my eyes (curiosity), I like to know if possible to insert this China Focusing screen I've posted UP here, link took from ebay.

....don't wanna open my SD14, I have the camera from summer 2009, until now it has the IR filter in perfect condition, no dust etc.. I don't want yet to try remove it, I really don't want dust inside, even dust that I can't see with my eyes... :)
I've some experience about, "home making" a good black Desk-Box for cleaning lenses, (copyed from professional German industres), there's no other way to see and remove impossible dust without it (I will post some photos next) ...and inside the camera it will be really difficult.

Then, with this China screen I will be able to see the 5 targeting points?

sorry again my english, wish all understand.

Bustonér

Bustoner...your perfectly fine....

1st I noticed the screen has velcro on it...I would not put anyting with velcro inside the camera....also the Sigma filter is very hard to put in and take-out with-out cracking it...everyone I know, and even some of the techs I have talked to have broken one or two of those putting them in... :sad:...so taking it out great...but replacing is the hard part....My SD14 shows the 5 focusing points...and you have the indicator in the bottom left hand corner of the view-finder...is this not working well for you...??

Personally...I would not do it...I have looked at the housing and it is not like the nikon/canon/sony where it is made for other screens...I will see if I have a picture of it...I don't know...if I do...

Sorry about the information...but that is one thing that I would not feel comfortable doing-unless you take the camera apart...and actually replace the screen...

Tony C. :z04_cowboy:

I understand ...risky hard job...but I like too much the old focusing method :) Maybe I keep the risk this summer, after I build a Glove Box ;) ...if you find a photo, will appriciate.

The focusing points are working good, but I like to know if the points (red square lights) will be visible with the other focusing screen? ...I don't know how works the projection of light...

Attachments

• 3451809[1].jpg
    EXIF
    3451809[1].jpg
    121 KB · Views: 18
WOW!!! thank you,

reading from the other forum link... I've now an idea in trying with a best split focusing screen, even from other company (...will need cut and work on it), or try a Katzeye too.

I will first take some measurment of it, when ready I take shoots of the work etc.. see you soon :)

Back