DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Leg Bags, Anyone?

Yes, I found an old backpack buried in a pile of junk here. With the shoulder straps lengthened the top of the bag just clears my chin so a bit smaller bag would probably be better. I'll look around for one locally. My only worry is that someone who sees me wearing it this way might call the bomb squad!
That was pretty funny! :ROFLMAO: Bomb squad.

I've been wearing my backpack like that for 25 years and have yet to be questioned by police in Japan or California. The reason for doing so is because of the completely packed trains, no pun intended. If you wear it in the front then you have a better chance of not having it accidentally knocked around or even knocked off. Also the side pockets become convenient when you want something to drink from a plastic water or beverage bottle.

I will have to find someone to model the backpack worn in the front with it open stuffed with 3 or 4 Vs. You'll have to wait to see this. But you do have a normal to slightly large backpack in your home, don't you? If you do put it on the other way around and put 3 of your N1s in the backpack. Then you can see for yourself.
Looking for something recent to post I found this shot from March of one of the other birders taking photos at an area park. He is wearing a small bag on his chest! I don't know why I didn't notice that before. V3, 70-300.
Photographer 165-1600.jpg
  • NIKON CORPORATION - NIKON 1 V3
  • 1 NIKKOR VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/320 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 160

Looking for something recent to post I found this shot from March of one of the other birders taking photos at an area park. He is wearing a small bag on his chest! I don't know why I didn't notice that before. V3, 70-300.
View attachment 3171
A good find in the gold mine of old photos, Rich! Well done! Your photo nearly perfectly illustrates what I was talking about the other day. The only difference is that his backpack is much smaller the one I use, and can probably only fit one camera whereas mine backpack can easily fit up to 6 N1 cameras at once and has two side pockets for a bottle and/or flask of Wild Turkey. LOL

Back