DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Advice regarding price of an image

G

Hi folks,

as a first for me someone is wishing to purchase the use of an image of mine for use in a publication. as i have never been involved in this before, could folks please advise me about price, conditions etc that i should stipulate please. I am from South Africa, and so am unable to meet these people in person.

much appreciated.

david

David,

if you do not mind, I would like to add some information on this, because I think it necessary background knowledge to give the right advice.

David was uploading one of his pictures in the photo-gallery in one of my forums. After a while somebody contacted me as the webmaster of that site with the wish to buy this picture for using it in a magazine.

Since only the photographer has the rights to this photo, I forwarded the e-mail directly to David.

Hope that helps.

Dirk

as a first for me someone is wishing to purchase the use of an image> of mine for use in a publication. as i have never been involved in> this before, could folks please advise me about price, conditions etc> that i should stipulate please. I am from South Africa, and so am > unable to meet these people in person.

David , first of all make sure you are retaining copyright and that the deal is for single usage only[some mag. publishers ahev strange ideas about this stuff!] . As for the pricing , well it depends! Some can/will pay more than others - I also live in S.A. and have a little knowledge of these things , plus access to people who know more than I . Contact me off list if you'd like to discuss it further..... Steve swoolf@global.co.za

Hi
Can anyone advise if there is a Contax to Nikon adapter ring for MM lens. You see, I've N1 system. I've also F3/FM3a which Ihope can find adapter for Contax MM lens. Is it possible ? I do not wish to add on another Contax manual body.
Hope someone can help. Thanks.

john

Hi John

Look at the weppage www.zoerk.de. They make crossadapters for several combinations. Maybe you will find there a solution for your problem.

Regards

Hans Villars, Switzerland

Back