DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Easter Sky Time Lapse

Steaphany

Over the evening of April 11th/12th, storms came through and Sunday's sky was busy with cumulus clouds giving it just another try. I shot this time lapse with my SD14 on my Orion TeleTrack Mount which is used to create a slow and medium speed pan while shooting. This time my hair stayed out of view, but the limiting factor this time was the batteries. From a full charge of two Sigma BP-21s in my Sigma Power Grip, I was able to go 2,147 exposures, one every 5 seconds for 179 minutes.

Here is my setup:

View attachment 1467

and my trick to have the Orion TeleTrack run a slow pan for hours is to set the Rate to 1 or 2 and use a plastic clamp to keep the button pressed:

View attachment 1466

This link will take you to my video on Vimeo:

After the Rains

Attachments

• IMG_0524s.jpg
    EXIF
    IMG_0524s.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0521s.jpg
    EXIF
    IMG_0521s.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 5
Steaphany,

This one looks good...I like this one better...like the contrast as the clouds go over....also the movement of the animals and people make it more realistic....very nice work...and thank you for all your indepth expliantions...

Tony C.

Very cool Steaphany,
Have you seem the movie Baraka? It reminded me of that.

Hi Steaphany,

Great time lapse! Great performance out of that set of batteries. Moreover, I like the production.

I look forward to the future videos.

Robert

Back