DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Zeiss Mirotar 500/f4.5

ok thanks guys. i'd love something like the EF 16-35 F2.8L but as i use a 20D the crop factor would mean that i end up with pretty much the same lens i already have, (in terms of range at least). I have an EF75-300IS and have to say, so far I have been pretty dissapointed! its making me wonder whether the jump upto the EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS should be made. any thoughts on either of those two lenses?

antony

Antony, if you are shooting with a 20D you should get the 10-22 because even though it may not be as sharp as either the 16-35L or 17-40L, it's still very decent and better than the 3rd party options.

I've never had or used the 100-400L but those who own it all say it's a very sharp lens. Check out the FM user reviews on this lens.

Back