DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Successfully mounted Tamron Adaptall to SD14

Hi Folks,

I posted this over on dpreview, but I figured you guys would like to know here as well. I got a Tamron SP Macro 90mm f/2.5 lens to mount to my SD14 beautifully. It's like it was made for the camera. To do this, I bought an Adaptall-2 to M42 adapter, and mounted that against the M42 to SA adapter I already had on my camera. The aperture ring even lines up perfectly. It focuses to infinity and takes some lovely shots. I haven't got any worth posting yet because it's still raining, but I just wanted to show that there is a HECK of a deal to be had on these. It is a great alternative to the 70mm and 105mm EX macros. This cost me a total of $138 in near new condition for everything.

If anyone is interested in doing this and has questions, I'm always happy to help.

-Collin-

Attachments

• tamron1.jpg
    EXIF
    tamron1.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 9
  • tamron2.jpg
    EXIF
    tamron2.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 9
  • tamron3.jpg
    EXIF
    tamron3.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 9
Thanks for posting with images....I converted my SD14 to Nikon F...I wish I would have thought of that first...LOL

Tony C.

Very cool,
thanks for sharin!
I can't wait to see some pics from it.

Well, I've been dying to take some pictures, but the weather here has been crummy. Today, I brought my gear to work and I'm going to head out a bit early to go try and shoot some macro pictures. It just rained, so maybe some nice water droplets and things of that nature. I'll definitely post some samples if I make it out today!

-Collin-

Okay, I got out for some shots finally! Still pretty overcast here, but what the heck.

1 and 2 were shot at f/5.6.

3, 4 and 5 were shot wide open (f/2.5)

6 was shot at f/8 to compare with 5.

7 and 8 were shot wide open.

Needless to say, I'm in love with this lens and I find it quite superb. My manual focus still needs some honing, so blame any lack of sharpness on user error. This lens is, and I really hate to be cliche, "tack sharp." Any comments welcome unless they in any way, shape or form, belittle my photographic skills. Just kidding...fire at will.

Cheers,

-Collin-

Attachments

• sigma-6.jpg
    EXIF
    sigma-6.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 10
  • sigma-5.jpg
    EXIF
    sigma-5.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 10
  • sigma-4.jpg
    EXIF
    sigma-4.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 14
  • sigma-3.jpg
    EXIF
    sigma-3.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 13
  • sigma-2.jpg
    EXIF
    sigma-2.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 18
  • sigma-1.jpg
    EXIF
    sigma-1.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 14
Hi Collin,
thanks for sharing.
To me the overall performance looks very good.
I think you got a superb lense.
Work with it and your focussing problems,if there any at all,are gone.:)
Regards
Uwe

Thanks Uwe. The pleasure is all mine for sharing. I figured that alternatives to the usual Sigma SA mount would be welcome. :)

I will continue to shoot and see what this lens can do.

Cheers,

-Collin-

Looks like you've got a winner there. I'll definitely have to keep the adaptall lenses in mind now.

I'll agree, it's tough to get used to these manual-focus lenses.

Back