DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

New to forum

MikeB03

Hi everyone! My name is mike, I am a Brit living in the southern Black Forest area of Germany.

My first Contax was an Aria, bought when it first came out. I subsequently sold it, but have just bought another one in mint condition for a good price.

My other Contaxes are:

RX
NX
T3
TVS
G2

... and lots of Zeiss lenses.

Looking forward to exchanging experiences and photos here on the forum.

I am a Brit. living in UK.:) Just seen your posting, when I was checking a reply to a matter which I had posted- advice re locating camera manuals. I have various makes of camera, but also have the Contax 167MT, and the Contax AX. Along with the other makes, I would call them modern classics. I tend to use them in rotation.
I have been looking for another Contax over the past few months, having considered the RX; ST;and the RTS II/III, but have not as yet taken the plunge. If you are living in Germany near the Black Forest then you must be near some scenic spots. Don't forget to upload some of them.
Regards,
Geordiefred.

Ayup Geordiefred!!

I have just received a mint N1, slapped the 24-85 on it, and tried it out a bit outside.
The feel is wonderful, no difference in autofocus speed to my NX; I shall be shooting a roll of Extar 100 to test it very soon - lots of sunshine here right now :)

Looks like its just me and thee on the forum right now.
I have quite a Contax collection, they are quite cheap to come by and still take fantastic pictures!

All the best,

Yorkshire Mike.

Hello, Mike,
I keep looking at the N1, but have not taken the plunge, as yet. Probably will eventually. A lot of used film cameras are creeping up in price. From what I gather on various photo sites, people who have never tried photography have got into it through digital cameras of one kind or another. They now seem to fancy 'dipping their toes' into the film world, and are therefore chasing after film cameras. This morning's Amateur Photographer has the monthly photo competition in. Of the 30 winning shots, all are taken on digital cameras. I still think that film cannot be beaten, especially slides. Am awaiting slide film from lab. re shots I took at Beamish Museum, Co. Durham.
Are you anywhere near Rottweil ? My wife visited there years back for German Rottweiler Club (centenary ?) and was very impressed by the town. Might be worth a photograhpic visit by you.
Regards,
Fred.

Hello, I'm new here at contaxinfo but not so new to photography. I've been around more than 60 years doing what i enjoy doing and hope to be doing for many years. I have had stints with Canon, lots of Nikons, Olympus, Leica, Alpa, Exakta, Practica,and various others. Now after all this time who would think that I would become interested in Contax? I've always loved the Zeiss offerings in regard to lenses and I do have several for RF cameras but recently a friend lent me his Contax ST and it was such an experience that I am now looking for a good one. Glad to be here to learn about these lenses and cameras, thanks in advance to all.

taxfan,
Interesting re your various makes of cameras. I have various makes, and still use them in rotation. The majority I would class as 'modern classics'. There are a lot of comments on various sites where it is felt that the Contax cameras are superior to Leica; and that the Contax lenses are almost as good as the Leica lenses. The only problem is the cost of the lenses for either make.
Regards, and good buying.

Thanks for the welcome.

Mostly I just want to find all I can about the manual focus Contax cams. Thanks again for the welcome and comment.

Back