DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

120mm lens

I used the 645 120mm.
Here is the photo which was taken by 120mm.

Albert, the 1.4X also works on the 140/2.8 providing you with a 200/4 that is smaller than the 210/4. Makes for a smaller kit that covers 2 focal lengths (140 & 200).

I sold my 210 after getting the 1.4X.

Minerowl:

I read your posting; but can not see your photos.
can you e-mail it to me directly.

Sincerely,

Steve Kim (Also Korean & Contax 645 Owner)
Chicago, Illinois, USA.

As you all know, Zeiss makes lenses for these camera companies. Hasselblad 120mm f4 Makro-Planar CFE and Contax 120mm f4 Apo-Makro-Planar are manual focus lenses for SLRs. In paper, these lenses are different in optics.

Has anyone used both lenses and know about their difference ? Which is better ?

Optically both are excellent Joseph.

Obviously the Hasselblad version is for 6x6 and the Contax is for 645.

The Contax lens is very versatile because it focuses closer than the Hasselblad lens which requires extension tubes to get the object as large as the Contax can on it's own.

The Hasselblad is a leaf shutter lens and sync's with strobes to 1/500th shutter speed. The Contax sync's at the Camera's top focal plane sync speed of 1/125th.

In my experience the Hasselblad Makro features a bit better flatness of field that you look for in a Macro when doing copy work and some commercial applications. The Contax produces very nice pictorial qualities and has excellent Bokeh if I recall correctly.

Thanks Marc for the answer again.

In terms of wide angles, I would go for Hassy SWC rather than Contax 35mm 3.5, because Hassy is able to focus nearer.

The other lens to go for is Hassy 100 3.5

What about Contax 55mm 3.5 vs Hasselblad 60 3.5 CFi, which is better ?

My final list is Hassy SWC, Contax 55 3.5 or Hassy 60 3.5, Contax C645 plus or minus 80 2 Hassy 100 3.5, Contax 120 4

These will be my gear for medium format.

473593.jpg

Does anyone like to have a guess ? It would either come from a

Contax 645 120mm f4 Zeiss lens OR Canon 350D Leica R 60mm f 2.8 lens

Opinions welcome.

I did crop quite significantly.

It came from the great equalizer ... the internet.

With proper lighting and careful processing, it could be from a 5 meg P&S. Such is the way of the web.

Back