DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax T3 vs. Contax TVS III

I just traded in my TVSII for a T3.
The reason for this being what I would describe as an extreme vignetting when taking shots of landscapes and similar. I did however get some excellent close-ups such as portrait shots of my grandchildren.
My experience with T3 is so far very limited, but ergonomically it is much more intuitive.
Far easier to use as a handy P&S you can carry everywhere and catch these moments that you are bound to miss using a SLR.

Peter7,
The partnumber for the TvsIII carrying strap is:
[That for the DeLuxe strap is: 941038]

PeterK

My new Contax TVS III does not auto load each new roll of film, it always stays at 0, even though I pull out the film strip to the orange marker. I have to press the shutter release, then the camera will roll the film forward to 1. Is this normal?

Yeo the loading of the TVS III is normal as you describe you must press the shutter release to advance the film to number 1.
Bob

Thank you,Bob! I reckon I like it this way, but just wanted to double-check that this is normal. I have complete peace of mind now.

Back