DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

How do I delete my Account ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In any event, it would seem that with only 3 posts (all in this thread) that walking away and not looking back would be the simplest solution.
I don't like the idea of walking away and leaving my account live.
I don't care that the site might retain the words I've posted but leaving a live account (linked to my email address) is very poor security practice.
As for waiting for the Admin to develop the process to cancel accounts - I would have expected that function to have been put in place on day-0 ie creation and deletion of user accounts.

Peter

For someone that doesn't want to be here, you seem to be making yourself at home?

IMHO you are making yourself look abit silly with all this complaining over nothing - do yourself a favour and just walk away bud

I don't care that the site might retain the words I've posted but leaving a live account (linked to my email address) is very poor security practice.
Peter - just a suggestion... you could create another email account (e.g. Gmail or say an Apple alias account if you have an iCloud account) and then change your DPRForum email address to that new email account or alias address so that it's no longer linked to your main email address.

Your account will not be live. Why do you think that?

but leaving a live account (linked to my email address)

????

I do not understand what you mean. Could you please elaborate on that?

Nobody can see your email address, no matter whether you are still active here or whether you deleted your email address in your account.

I don't like the idea...
I don't care that...
I would have expected...
Peter, I wish I could help you, I really do but I can't. All I can do is offer you this suggestion: Before you sign-up for any more discussion forums - make sure that you're going to stay.
I get that it is entirely possible that at some point this site could be hacked and that your email address could be associated with cameras. I'm not sure what ill effects that might have but it is possible. There are also a lot of other possibilities that are much more dire. Just walk away and get on with life.

I get that it is entirely possible that at some point this site could be hacked and that your email address could be associated with cameras.

No, even in that worst case scenario nobody can see his real email address, because he changed it to a phantasy email address. He overwrote it and that's it. :daumenhoch-smilie:

I do not understand how this is too complicated for him? Just do it and be happy. ;)

Your account will not be live. Why do you think that?

????

I do not understand what you mean. Could you please elaborate on that?

Nobody can see your email address, no matter whether you are still active here or whether you deleted your email address in your account.
nobody, really ?
I no longer wish to have an account with this place.
It now seems that you are unable or unwilling to remove my account - which is rather strange

As for waiting for the Admin to develop the process to cancel accounts - I would have expected that function to have been put in place on day-0 ie creation and deletion of user accounts.

Peter
Just click on your profile image at the top right of the page, and there is an entry called "Logout".

nobody, really ?
I no longer wish to have an account with this place.
It now seems that you are unable or unwilling to remove my account - which is rather strange

@Messier

when you registered here, you got a welcome email with the link to the most important FAQ. Incl. the description how to delete your account.

Additionally, you got at the same time the same welcome message as an alert. In case you deleted that email later on. Obviously you either ignored both or did not read them.

Neverheless you opened a thread here on how to delete you account. Other members and me advised you on how to do that easily for yourself.

Nevertheless you ignore the way how it is done here and complain you would not be able to do it or complain that you have to do it yourself (I am still not sure what your real problem is).

Looking at all this, it does not seem that you want to resolve your problem yourself, but are more interested in trolling. At least it is looking like this. :teufel-grinsend-schwanz:

We can not help you anymore. Everything was said and explained. You know exactly how to do it. We only run in circles now. Just do it and be happy. :z04-nic-0075:

Is deletion of the private info displayed in my profile is not the same as removal of my account ?
No, my account would remain active.

you don’t seem to understand the importance of dormant accounts to be removed for the security of your own system so it’s no wonder you don’t appreciate my concern here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back