DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

High Activity on m43 Form

Love the cold hard metal here--beautiful machinery!
Yeah; it was obvious the prior owner had taken very good care of their PEN. And I felt a lot of kinship, given they were adapting the very same Takumar 50/1.4 lens - just one generation later than my copy. Wish I could have met them while they were still around.

Yeah; it was obvious the prior owner had taken very good care of their PEN. And I felt a lot of kinship, given they were adapting the very same Takumar 50/1.4 lens - just one generation later than my copy. Wish I could have met them while they were still around.
Cool story! Quite interesting. Nostalgic even.

I was looking down the list of forums and noticed that m43 is way up there on the number of messages. Either we are very excited about m43 or we have too much time on our hands :)
I see the Sigma forum is still ahead. On threads per camera sold it must be even more ahead. Nice to see Foveonistas still like posting images.
Andrew

I am surprised. What is going on with Sigma :)
Foveonistas were always very active, so not a complete surprise. No new sensor since the Quattro.

Although my Merrills are the smallest cameras with that kind of resolution, it’s hard for a Foveon sensor to compete with a BSI 40+ Mpix Bayer CFA.

Still very weird and rather wonderful cameras.

Andrew

interesting isn't it - yes high activity on m43, pentax, sigma, medium format and nikon 1. I use the first and last of these
I wanted a Pen F when they first came out, but didn't want to spend the money at the time, being a man of meager means. This is probably the biggest regret about gear I ever had. The second is that I didn't pick up a Panny GM5 when I had a chance. Another screw up on my part. I've been kicking myself since. I need another boot to the rear. :z04-head-wall:

I am praying for a Pen F M2 or a GM5 M2 in the future. :z04-9856:

Back