DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax ND

Mehrdad,

Like me you probably use a higher than normal resolution on your monitor. I use 1792x1344 and the type appears tiny, never mind my failing eyesight! The size is probably fine at the 1024x768 which most people use.

Gary, if you want to see some REAL venting, go back in the archives - this is mild discussion in comparison. Plus these past few posts have really been more of a status-of-the-ND statement. No one's flaming anybody, just noticing the situation.

As Christian says, the camera works beautifully once you get to know it and where and how to use it. I do not regret one penny I have spent on this camera. I do get a bit worried because discontinued products usually mean lagging support and service should something go wrong. On a $300 point and shoot, no big deal. On a $6000 investment, not a laughing matter.

But we'll cross that bridge when and if we get there. In the meantime, the ball's on Kyocera's court. We eagerly await their next move.

DJ

I am really hoping contax will give us some sort of trade in for the ND when the new one is ready and i mean READY. i was planning to write a = letter to contax regarding the ND, but it seems the market has already been spoken!! sell no more!! so i did not bother. meanwhile i am looking at = the tvs digital, what is the verdict?=20

Hi Gary,

Regarding "venting":

I think you know that Contaxinfo.com is an open, independant community for all Contax users. We do not filter the forum for better or worse comments or ventings - as long as it does not go over a certain line of our netiquette. This is the advantage of an independant forum.

As a consequence, many different Contax users join this community and share their experiences, thoughts, fears and sometimes also their frustrations with their equipment. In contrast to a book or magazine about photography a forum and its community is a very vivid crowd of human beeings. And this is also what you can "feel" while reading the different comments in each thread.

Regarding "50/1.4 vs. 50/1.7":

Each user has different thoughts, experiences, expectations and fun with his/her Contax equipment. That is why different people use also different threads within Contaxinfo and discuss also different topics. This is like a democracy. If a question is asked and nobody would be interested in it, there would be also no answer and therefore no discussion about it. So as long as others answer to these questions, there is obviously also more than one person interested in these issues. Therefore we do not see a reason not to offer also a platform for these kind of questions.

Regarding digital questions and improving the final result:

As you might have seen, we have also a topic "digital corner" and "photo-technical questions". There you find some threads already about scanning technique, general digital issues etc. If you have questions about that and want to share your experience about it with others, these would be the most appropriate sections to do it.

Hope that helps...

Mehrdad,

My comments about venting, etc. were not directed at this thread. I think that the posts have been informative and constructive for the most part, even those expressing frustration. I think I was just using Christian's statement as the catalyst for my feelings about a what I consider a great many inane posts on some of the other threads, like the G2 thread in particular, and a recent exchange somewhere, the jist of which was that midroll rewind was useless if you had to skip through the used frames yourself when putting the partially used roll back in. That was what really did it. Even though I am interested in the G2, I just changed my profile and turned the thing off.

Gary

Mehrdat,

"these fonts are way too small.." As somebody already mentioned, the font size depends on your screen resolution. The higher it is, the smaller the fonts. If you use windows XP and explorer 6 or higher you can enlarge the font size easily without changing the resolution of your screen.

Simply hold down the "string" key and turn the "wheel" on your mouse at the same time. One direction makes it smaller, the other direction makes it bigger.

There must be also a key stroke-only version (without the mouse), but i do not remember anymore. Look in the windows XP help menu or Explorer help menu for this.

i am using ms outlook and can't change fonts, the author area can be horizontal on top or bottom which would give back a lot of space. and it will look as cool, even in the bottom of the post.=20

>Posted by DJ Garcia on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 12:55 am:

| Don, you turned off the wrong topic. This is "Contax Digital Cameras", | which is just above the one you turned off, "Contax SLR N-System".

>Posted by Dirk on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 9:17 am: > >Don, > >"I still continue to get messages on this topic even though I have >changed my profile, as indicated below, to not receive Contax SLR >N-System messages." > >This is the Contax DIGITAL thread. The ND is a digital camera. So if >you turned off e-mail notification for analog Contax SLR-N-System, it >is normal that you still get ND-e-mails, since it is a different >thread as clearly indicated in the overview of the topics. > >Hope that helps...

Thanks to both of you for your response-

I only have four threads selected, Hot News, Overviews, C/Y Mount, and Digital Corner: Q&A.

What else do I have to de-select to not get this N-Digital thread.

DAW

>Posted by Dirk on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 6:15 pm: > >Mehrdat, > >"these fonts are way too small.." As somebody already mentioned, the >font size depends on your screen resolution. The higher it is, the >smaller the fonts. If you use windows XP and explorer 6 or higher you >can enlarge the font size easily without changing the resolution of >your screen. > >Simply hold down the "string" key and turn the "wheel" on your mouse >at the same time. One direction makes it smaller, the other direction >makes it bigger.

Just as soon as I find a "string" key I'll see what it does.

DAW

Back