DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

SD14 in Astrophotography

Steaphany, sounds like there software is for the novice user...the tech was trying to scare you off...with technical mumbo-jumbo....:z04_975:

I would reply to his email....and see if they will refund your $100.00...from what you have said in your post...I would not want to spend the money for that product....it seems like a waste of money....

Thank you again for giving us your knowledge on this....I am getting my equatorial next week...and hopefully take a crack at this next...

Tony C.

It's bad enough that I've already gave them something to fix.

The latest version of AIP4Win, 2.3.0, is supposed to support natively reading Sigma X3F files, it doesn't work. When I reported this problem, I learned that they never had any X3F files to work with prior to the ones I provided to them. (the files that I provided are the same ones that AIP4Win couldn't stack :rolleyes: )

It would have been fine if they off loaded the raw file reading to dcraw, which is how Qimage, DeepSkyStacker, and Tawbaware's products handle it.

I've also received feed back on an astronomy forum that AIP4Win is great when stacking narrow fields of view with out any rotational skew between frames. I do admit that it has value, but there are severe limitations too.

Back