DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

I chose the Sigma because...

Hi All,

it's getting philosophic here! :) Why not! The older I grow, the more this happens to me as well.....

To me ... a photograph is a reminder. When watched after years it triggers an incredible lot of memories which otherwise would be lost ... definitely lost! You forget an awful lot of things ... our brain MUST work this way ... we have to solve current problems .... there simply is no time to live in the past when you have to master the present.

Sometimes, I wnant to remind myself! Photography can help a lot then (videography as well ......).

Certainly, a photo means most to those who took the shot!!! Others cannot combine all the memories behind it!

Just a very few shots are outstanding enough to mean something to the world ..... however .... let us go on shooting .... I really enjoy photos our community and all the impressions being focussed here.:)

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

I tend to agree with you Klaus. I shoot images in the hopes that once in a while I will get a really superb shot. But the memories are the MAIN thing for me. I agree that it triggers memories to see older photos, and that is always a good thing.

As I indicated above, it is only secondary if someone wants to keep my images after I pass on. That is up to them, and anything is fine with me.

Back