DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

An interesting manual lens on the SD9

jesito

The lens is a Cosinon Auto 135mm 2.8 in M42 screw incarnation. A friend of mine asked me to disassemble it to clean what it looked like fungus, but at the end were small oil drops on the back lens.

Today I've taken it, unfortunately it was a very boring day, cloudy and gray. I took it to the basketball match of my son. Another boring situation: the playground had very dim light, so no way of going up of 1/45. Not having a tripod handy, the results have been catastrophic, as expected.

View attachment 1196

However I'd like to show you a really few pictures that demonstrates the characteristic bokeh of this lens:

View attachment 1197

View attachment 1198

View attachment 1199

It would be nice if I could keep it :(

Kind regards,
Jes.

Attachments

• IMGP7806.jpg
    EXIF
    IMGP7806.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG03176.jpg
    EXIF
    IMG03176.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG03128.jpg
    EXIF
    IMG03128.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG03127.jpg
    EXIF
    IMG03127.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 9
Note:

The player in the picture is not my son... Just to show you the peculiar way how the table and the person behind the player was distorted.

Jes.

Hi Klaus, you're right, it's very similar....
The closest focus that can be gotten is around 1m.

Kind regards,
Jes.

... which is a difference to the Revuenons. The older ones can approach to 2.4m (8ft) the newer ones (as shown above) can do 1.5m (5ft).

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

old 135s were very good

I've heard it said that most or all of the old M42 135mm lenses were very good. I have a Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 135/3.5 that I've enjoyed using. Would be even happier with a split-prism such as a KatzEye to help with focusing on the SD14, but if I'm patient enough, I can get reasonable results.

This is one from last summer...

Robert

Attachments

• 2793666385_e1cca8fd4d.jpg
    EXIF
    2793666385_e1cca8fd4d.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 16
Back