DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Same Old Daffs - New (old) Lens

laurence2

Daffodil images are a dime a dozen, I know! :lame:

However, this is a test of the old Tele-Takumar 300/6.3. This is an uncoated lens, and is the usual long tube of a lens from the heydays of Pentax telephoto equipment.

I'm sure that the Sigma SD-14 and Foveon sensor has added features that bring out the dimensionality, but I also feel that this old lens is surprisingly sharp. Since the daffodils wee somewhat on the same plane, I was able to keep most of the depth-of-field concomitant with the group of flowers.

The "old lenses" still can show good results and I am pleased with the rendering of this lens, even if it is a pretty slow lens. :)

Sigma SD-14
Pentax Tele-Takumar 300/6.3
f:8

Attachments

• Daff_Tele-Tak_6_3_at_f_8.jpg
    EXIF
    Daff_Tele-Tak_6_3_at_f_8.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 23
Hi Laurence,

those are just glowing, that is an interesting choice of lens, it worked well!! the grouping really worked with you.

good luck with your pictures,

Robert

A nice shot with a nice lens Laurence!

It really has this distinctive SIGMA-look.

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

Back