DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

!!! SIGMA SD1 - 46Mpx !!!

Wow!

DUAL True II engine!!! Seems to go then a lot faster!

1,5 Crop Factor. This is great. No longer this 1.7 crop factor! Next step fullframe? :z04_Flucht:

Prices not yet available. Hopefully they are able to deliver faster then before ;)

Well... I don't think it will be faster. The image processors will have to process more data. If TRUE II was made to process images of 4.6 Mpx and got 3 fps, I believe a dual TRUE II processing 15.36 Mpx will get about 2-3 fps wich we are used to.
But, IMHO, the biggest breakthrough at this moment is the new sensor.
Oh, btw, I don't see the IR/dust filter in the image. I hope it will still be there (the most efficient and simplest dust filter and IR conversion method ever).

Here's hoping

The image quality of the new sensor should be on a whole new level. I can't wait to get my hands on it.
I hope it won't be so long in coming this time. The hype surrounding the SD15 kept me hanging on for over a year. I bought a Canon 5D2 in the end.
I still have my SD14 though, and now a DP1. I am very pleased with Foveon IQ.

wait, see

We will have to wait and see several things:

image quality - with denser pixels it might be too noisy
speed - probably the same
price - perhaps too high (if it is over 2000$ I'd rather buy Nikon d700)
does it still needs tons of light - sd14 is virtually unusable in the times when the light outside is most beautiful since even in ISO 200 there is noise and over that you can hardly get a usable image

So, let see the real world samples, get it in our hands and try it and then discuss.

Exciting news!

SD15 was not a step big enough for me to make a move and change my SD14. But now, with this SD1, wow! I think only the price will stop me from buying, if it is too expensive.

I wonder, though, if those who bought the SD15 now feel a bit like they have been had... in a way...

And this new sensor 4800 x 3200, Dual True II engine, I just can't wait to see RAW samples of the beast!

This is really exciting news from Sigma.

Something IS WRONG! The upper LCD display is missing! And they advertise it as a Pro... Even Olympus makes place for it on their pro bodies.
It's probably the first magnesium alloy body without it.

Hello guys :)
I'm from Poland, so be patient for my english ;)

It's look realy cool. Even lack of top LCD is not bothering me :) I'm just curious about final IQ.
Sigma, show us aomething AWESOME, please.

About price:
"Sigma didn't announce prices, but it Amir-Hamzeh said it would be "very competitive" and in the neighborhood of Canon's higher-end EOS 7D, which costs about $1,500 with no lens and $1,700 with a 28-135mm kit lens."

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-20017073-264.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody;2n#ixzz10ABBeflv

Hello all !

Hello everybody here: this is my first post on your forum, meanwhile I applied it quite two years ago !!!

But SD1 announce today give me an occasion to greet everybody and in the same time to say all my enthusisam with this new product.

I use an old and trusty SD9 since 2004, quite 10'000 pictures today done with it, and I am sure that SD1 has great chance to come quickly in my equipment when I read its specs.

Yes, we shall have to be patient, surely the first copies shall not be bug-free, but in my opinion, 3x15 Mpix shall not only provide us the best quality compared to Nikon or Canon top-level bodies, but shall be even equal or better compared to Leica S2 and medium format cameras such Hasselblad...

And this camera doe not try to satisfy marketing chimeras with video, GPS, Facebook link, and so on...: it is really A CAMERA, not a set of electronic gadgets put in something looking to a camera.

Yes, for me, today is really a great great day, even if I think in the same time "Oh, you must be patient, you shall wait after it too long, too long, but you shall get a camera which shall let you forget silver-oxyde forever !

Cheers to everyone !

Jean-François

PS: just a link to my SD9 pictures.

--------------
Mod-Edit: Link deleted. Please put links to your homepage in your userprofile, not in the postings

Back