DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

New M9040 Macro Lens

To me, this is an ideal travel lens. I can see myself carrying it in preference to my 90mm Tele Elmarit. I had a 90 collapsible years ago, and regret getting rid of it; I have a 50mm Elmar (latest version) now. This lens offers 90mm framing together with a sensible and reasonably practical handheld close-up facility, for a minimal penalty in lens speed - ideal.

Regards,

Bill

> reasonably practical handheld close-up facility, for a minimal penalty > in lens speed - ideal.>>

I bet Leica's brochure blurb will say that almost verbatim...right before the $1300 pricetag and $750 for the macro tube.

>

Jay, if that turns out to be the case then I'd say the marketing people have done their job right for once.

Regards,

Bill

The is a comprehensive review of the new 90mm lens in Erwin Puts'Home page. The new lens is collapsible. Since I am a M5 user exclusively, that keeps me from getting one. I know I will cock the shutter before extending the lens, and my meter arm will be damaged.
That aside, the review is most interesting and the comparasons with other90/100MM leica lenses is startling. By the way, I have a munt collapsible 90MM that I no longer use.If anyone is interested, contact me off the forum.It includes both caps, hood, and hoodcap.

Back