DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

75mmF24 APOELMARITM

A

asph

Does any leica fans heard the 75mm/F2.4 APO-ELMARIT-M lens before & how does this quality compare with the 75mm f 1.4
all the best
Eric

> I have never heard of a 75mm f2.4 APO - if it is a real thing, I'd be > very interested in hearing about it!

- marc

Dear Eric and Marc,

To my knowledge there were two prototypes made by Leitz Canada in the mid-80s. One is now in the possession of Tom Abrahamsson and reviewed in the LHSA Viewfinder Vol.34 No.1. To quote part of Tom's comparison with the f/1.4 "the f/2.4 exhibits high contrast at f/2.4, higher than the f/1.4 at that aperture. Stopping down to f/4 or f/5.6 I cannot really tell the difference. The f/1.4 is a lens that one would use wide open or at f/2, the f/2.4 would make an excellent all-round lens in a "long" normal lens configuration."

It really a pity Leitz/Leica never put it into production.

Justin

Back