DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

SL SL2

G

IMHO the best of the Leica reflex cameras: indestructible construction, reliable, smooth mirror action, continuously-variable shutter, semi-spot meter, and a viewfinder brighter and easier to focus than even the R8.

The sensory experience says "Leica": solid like a IIIg or Trinovids, buttery-smooth shutter speed dial, quick, quiet and responsive, and it even smells right.

I have the SL2 and I enjoyed using it with my three lenses and carrying them around,its weight is like carrying "gold bars".

Silly question time - what are the advantages of the SL2 over SL ? are there any?

ernie

Ernie, The meter is more sensitive, the mirror is longer which gives you less mirror cut off with long lenses. You can use the 16mm, 24mm and the original 80-200mm f/4.5 zooms lenses.
Oh, and the screen is brighter.

What do you think about "routine" CLA for Leicaflex SL/SL2 that seem to be working fine? Mi tendency is to leve them alone, but I wonder what the opinion of some of the more experienced members of the forum is.
Thanks.

Juan

Leave them alone. I have sent my SL & SLMOT to Solms and they were each sent back to Solms numerous times before everything worked. After all that they are not as 'sweet' as they were. My model 1 Leicaflex has never been touched and is as delightful to handle as the M3.

Hi:

I just purchased a SL. Does anyone have any suggestion for an ever-ready case? I think I have seen versions in burgandy and black. Also, any stap suggestions?

Thanks!

Bill Stanke

Back