DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Sigma 50mm f2 Contemporary

I have the 65mm too. A great lens, but heavy and big for this FL.

The 45/2.8 is also not the sweet spot for me. Not enough sharp for my taste for an all around lens (although I like 45mm FL very much).

So my hope is now this Sigma 50/2.0 DG DN. According to the reviews it is somewhere in the middle optically between the Sigma 65mm and Sigma 45mm (very close to the 65mm), which is exactly what I am looking for.

But I have to have it in my hands and see how it will balance on my Lumix S5II
Interesting, its lovely on my A7R4 - I didn't think (IIRC) there was much size/weight difference between the new 50 & 65?

Yea I think they are very closely matched on weight

350g vs 410g and 58mm filter size vs. 62mm. I hope that the combination of 60g lighter and smaller filter size will make enough difference for me, that I will use the 50/2.0 more often than the 65. But as long as I can not try it out yet, it is just a hope... :teufel-grinsend-schwanz:

Back