DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Post your nature and wildlife pictures

Male and female Gadwall

EDIT: removed the picture as it appeared quite unsharp after uploading. I'm puzzled really as to why it was like that but it ruined the shot for me, sorry.

Just going through and redoing some old images with resizing them from the RAW and these needed it.

Using the old Canon tele lens FD 500 F/4.5L. A white faced Heron coming down a river

P6301520.jpg

P6301521.jpg

P6301522.jpg

All the best folks.

Danny.

Just going through and redoing some old images with resizing them from the RAW and these needed it.

Using the old Canon tele lens FD 500 F/4.5L. A white faced Heron coming down a river
Beautiful exotic Heron species, wonderful imagery, thanks for sharing.

p.s.
Remarkable detail: its scientific name (Egretta novaehollandiae) has the word "holland" in it (which is another word for "the Netherlands") but most probably not a single white faced Heron ever saw Holland as the species is native to your part of the world.

Male and female Gadwall

EDIT: removed the picture as it appeared quite unsharp after uploading. I'm puzzled really as to why it was like that but it ruined the shot for me, sorry.
Beautiful exotic Heron species, wonderful imagery, thanks for sharing.

p.s.
Remarkable detail: its scientific name (Egretta novaehollandiae) has the word "holland" in it (which is another word for "the Netherlands") but most probably not a single white faced Heron ever saw Holland as the species is native to your part of the world.
At the time that species were being discovered, described and named, what we know as Australia today was called New Holland, hence the Latin name Novaehollandiae. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Holland_(Australia)
The name persists in other species too and a common bird in the south east of Australia has the common name of New Holland Honeyeater.

Watchful eye at siesta time.
Siesta.jpg

Pentax K5II & Sigma 50-500mm DG OS HSM (f/7.1, 1/400 sec, ISO-400, 0 exp comp, 500mm), cropped a bit.

Last edited:
Back