DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Spped up manual focus on Olympus E500

nmeier23

Hi,

I was wondering if there was any way to increase the effect of the manual focus ring on the Olympus E-500 with the Zuiko 14-45 or 40-150 lenses. As in, when I turn the manual focus ring in manual focus mode, I want the focus to change faster (like full manual focus e.g. OM lenses). It seems that I have to spin the focus ring to get even a small change in focus.

Thanks!

Nate

You have to bring Maitani out of retirement and have him design stuff the right way.
Nathan Meier (Nmeier23) wrote on January 19:

' 2007 - 11:07 pm,I was wondering if there was any way to increase the effect of the manual focus ring on the Olympus E-500 with the Zuiko 14-45 or 40-150 lenses. As in, when I turn the manual focus ring in manual focus mode, I want the focus to change faster (like full manual focus e.g. OM lenses). It seems that I have to spin the focus ring to get even a small change in focus. '

Earl Dunbar (Weedram) wrote on January 20:

' 2007 - 12:21 am,You have to bring Maitani out of retirement and have him design stuff the right way. '

Ed:

I wish they would bring him back and build DSLR and an OM6~ Oh Well!

Regards:

Gilbert

Okay, my turn to ask for help. I'm trying to figure out what I need to use my E-1 or E330 to trigger one or more FL-50s remotely. Is anyone doing this, and does anyone have any suggestions of which transmitter/receiver combination would be best for this? Also, what would I use to have my on-camera flash trigger an off-camera flash?

Thanks,

B. D.

> Simply go to buybuy.com and purchase the transmiter and receiver > wireless equipment. You might find it in the UK also on e-bay. It > works with all cameras including the E series Olympus. Make sure to > get the 004 series receivers. The 001 do not

See this ex&le. I have used it very successfully for remote flash guns and resultant directional lighting from 100 metres from the camera. I first saw the idea with Nikon and searched for it on the web for Olympus. This works on all cameras. It is so cheaps too. : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wireless-Flashgun-Slave-Trigger-4-Channel-Hot- Shoe-SB60_W0QQitemZ250075742362QQihZ015QQcategoryZ64354QQcmdZViewItem--

Back