DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

How do you like i t here

Jon Bev

I am still considering my options,I have tried a dozen sites and whittled it down to two This one and Focal World, both have their minuses and plusses Pays to look around.

So far this place feels like what I was getting from DPReview and like John says the look and feel of this site is better (for me) than Revived.

I am still considering my options,I have tried a dozen sites and whittled it down to two This one and Focal World, both have their minuses and plusses Pays to look around.

On DPReview, it was a pain to go to the little skinny menu bar to find the list of forums. Here on DPRForum, it is so easy to move down the list to see other forums you want to snoop around in.

I never knew about 'focal'world' but I think you gotta go with what feels more right for you. i.e. ease of use, friendliness, layout etc. One thing I noticed with this forum... When you reply to a thread, you can still see all the posts in the thread above where you are typing. Brilliant.

I had a look at focalworlds' terms regarding our image rights, and they seem to be similar as here, except this site doesn't explicitly say 'You retain copyright over the Content'. I'm not in the small print business so maybe I read it wrong.

focal world - https://www.focalworld.com/help/terms/
"You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content."

dprforum - https://dprforum.com/terms-of-use/
"1.5 With the publication of contents the users themselves – or in the name of the copyright owners – give the owner the non-exclusive right, to duplicate, modify, change, publish or translate without any restriction of time and location on these sites."

I like this site, it is more familiar and fun to use. Forum software is new and has many features. I tried dprevived but it just don't feel right.

Back