DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Help New TVS Owner

matthewson

I just bought a used TVS without instructions. I think I've figured out what I need to know except how to attach the contax strap that came with this. I haven't figured out how to open the little square clasp. Also, what asa is the camera set at when there's no film in it? I'm trying to access the accuracy of the meter. It's showing a 60th-125th at F8 when metering grass in full sunlight, depending if I turn my back or face the sun, pointing down at the green grass, and the sun is almost at high noon. If the default is 100 asa, shouldn't it be reading 250th at F8? When the camera is set to program, is there a way of knowing what f-stop it's selected?

Without any film in it, my guess would be ISO 100.

As far as I know, there is no way of knowing what the f-stop is in program mode - unless you look at the shutter speed indicator in the viewfinder. The higher the speed, the more open the f-stop is.

Back