DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Zeiss 60mm Macro lenses

G

Apart from the differences in size, weight and magnification ratio, are there any differences in the quality of images produced by the 60mm MM C lens and the 60mm AE lens? With an Aria body which would the size & weight of the AE version be a problem? Thanks for your answers and any other thoughts on these two lenses.
Dennis

Dennis,
The Zeiss S-Planar T* 60mm F2.8 macro lens is a very sharp lens with beautiful bokeh. The Zeiss 60mm C (stands for compact) is not popular because of the lower in quality. Get yourself the S-Planar.

Son

I have two 60 2.8 now. The one made in Japan Nr 7958134 has the Makro-Planar written on it. I have been shooting it for a while. I agree that it has beautiful bokeh and skin tone.

The one I brought 2 days ago was made in West Germany Nr 6684541 has S-Planar written on it. Are these two lenses different ? I have not shot the second one yet.

Back